Blue Oak Ranch Reserve and its facilities are available to educators, researchers, University of California departments, government agencies, tribal groups, and many non-profit organizations. With some exceptions, BORR cannot be used for commercial purposes, outdoor recreation, weddings, or fundraising events. BORR is not generally open to the public but please contact the Resident Director for information about attending our annual open house or to determine whether your organization’s event could be held on the reserve.
Plan your visit in advance:
- Contact BORR’s Resident Director to check housing availability for your preferred dates.
- Submit an Application and Reservation via the NRS Reserve Application Management System (RAMS). There are three different application types: classes, researchers, and special events.
- Review the additional information that you receive when your reservation is approved, review BORR’s User Guide: Rules, regulations, and safety issues, and BORR’s Code of Conduct. Contact BORR staff with any questions.
- Download and sign our Liability Waiver Form: English, Spanish, Group Waiver additional pages (combine with the individual waiver form above). Bring this with you or email ahead of time.
- Review Driving Directions and be sure to check the weather forecast a couple of days prior to your visit. Call the Reserve for any questions or special instructions.
Facilities and Rates
|Assets||UC Rate||Non-UC Academic||Standard|
|Day use only (per person)||$5||$5||$10|
|Lodging – Personal Tent Camping (per person)||$12||$15||$30|
|Lodging – 8 Seasonal Cabins (30 beds)|
|Lodging – 2 Dorm Cabins (16 beds) (per person)||$12||$15||$30|
|Lodging – 2 Faculty Studios (6 beds) (per person*)||$32||$40||$60|
*Rate applies to one person – additional occupants are charged at the dorm rate
Blue Oak Ranch Reserve
1315 Piedmont Rd. # 32120
San Jose CA 95132-9998